- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
We respect the privacy of our visitors. We collect only such personal information as is needed to provide the information, service, or assistance that you request.
Information We Collect Automatically:
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Domain through which you access the internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using;
- Type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- Date and time you access our site; and
- Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful. We will never use this information to identify individuals, nor will we obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are necessary to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to, or fulfill your request.
We may keep information that we collect for an unlimited period of time.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in your browser’s address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please never send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the contact form given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.